We attach great importance to the protection of personal data. In the following, we inform you about the collection and protection of personal data when using our website.
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
represented by the managing directors: Sebastian Bethge, Uwe Quandt and Marcel Hermann
Phone: +49 5651 927792
The company data protection officer of Gerloff GmbH can be reached at the following contact details:
- Data protection officer -
Phone: +49 5651 927792
As of 22.05.2018, we have adapted our data protection provisions in accordance with the EU requirements pursuant to the DSG-VO:
- Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
- a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.gerloff.com, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
- b) When using our contact forms for queries and registrations for our newsletter (newsletter not yet active)
We use contact forms both for queries and when subscribing to our newsletter.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us via these forms is based on your voluntarily given consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
- Data sharing
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a DSGVO,
- the disclosure is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO, as well as
- this is legally permissible and required according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
We use so-called "session cookies" on our site. These are small files that are automatically created by your browser and stored on your end device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar) when you visit our site. Cookies do not cause any damage to your end device, do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
In the two cookies, information is stored that arises in each case in connection with the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we thereby obtain knowledge of your identity. The use of session cookies serves to make the use of our offer more pleasant for you. For example, we use a session cookie to recognize that you have already visited individual pages of our website. In addition, our website is bilingual in German and English. (Still in planning) So that the system can recognize the respective language assignments, another session cookie (language cookie) is set. These two marks are automatically deleted after leaving our site.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
Zur Verwaltung der eingesetzten Cookies und ähnlichen Technologien (Tracking-Pixel, Web-Beacons etc.) und diesbezüglicher Einwilligungen setzen wir das Consent Tool „Real Cookie Banner“ ein. Details zur Funktionsweise von „Real Cookie Banner“ finden Sie unter <a href=“https://devowl.io/de/rcb/datenverarbeitung/“ rel=“noreferrer“ target=“_blank“>https://devowl.io/de/rcb/datenverarbeitung/</a>.
Legal bases for the processing of personal data in this context are Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DS-GVO and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. Our legitimate interest is the management of the cookies and similar technologies used and the related consents.
The provision of personal data is neither contractually required nor necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. If you do not provide the personal data, we will not be able to manage your consents.
- Data subject rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller;
- to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This has the consequence that we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office.
- Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
- Web tools and add-ons
We use so-called web fonts for the uniform display of fonts, which are provided by the company Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. When you call up our pages, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you use must establish a connection to Google's servers. This gives Google knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. Google Web Fonts are used in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
This website uses due to our legitimate interests to optimize and analyze our online offer in the sense of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. DSGVO the service "Google Maps", which is offered by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). The service (Google maps) uses "cookies" - text files that are stored on your terminal device. The information collected by the cookies is usually sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google LLC complies with European data protection law and is certified under the Privacy Shield agreement: www.privacyshield.gov/participant
IP anonymization is used on this website. The IP address of the user is shortened within the member states of the EU and the European Economic Area and in the other contracting states of the agreement. Only in individual cases is the IP address initially transmitted unabbreviated to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. This shortening eliminates the personal reference of your IP address. The user's IP address transmitted by the browser is not combined with other data stored by Google. As part of the agreement on the order data agreement, which we as website operator have concluded with Google Inc., the latter uses the collected information to create an evaluation of website use and website activity and provides services associated with internet use.
The data collected by Google on our behalf is used to evaluate the use of our online offering by individual users, e.g. to create reports on website activity in order to improve our online offering.
You have the option of preventing cookies from being stored on your device by making the appropriate settings in your browser. It is not guaranteed that you can access all functions of this website without restrictions if your browser does not allow cookies.
Furthermore, you can use a browser plugin to prevent the information collected by cookies (including your IP address) from being sent to and used by Google Inc. The following link will take you to the corresponding plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Here you can find more information about data usage by Google Inc:
- policies.google.com/privacy/partners (data collected from Google partners)
- adssettings.google.com/authenticated (settings about ads that are displayed to you)
On our website, we use Google reCAPTCHA to check and prevent interactions on our website by automated access, e.g. by so-called bots. This is a service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter referred to as "Google". Through certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield ("EU-US Privacy Shield"), Google guarantees that the data protection requirements of the EU are also complied with when processing data in the USA. Through this service, Google can determine from which website a request is sent as well as from which IP address you use the so-called reCAPTCHA input box. In addition to your IP address, other information may be collected by Google that is necessary for the offer and guarantee of this service.
The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO. Our legitimate interest lies in the security of our website as well as in the defense against unwanted, automated access in the form of spam or similar. Google offers further information on the general handling of your user data at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- Web Technologies
This website is hosted by an external service provider (hoster). Personal data collected on this website is stored on the hoster's servers. This can be v. a.
- IP addresses
- Contact requests
- Meta and communication data
- Contract data
- Contact details
- website accesses and other data generated via a website.
The hoster is used for the purpose of fulfilling the contract with our potential and existing customers (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO) and in the interest of a secure, fast and efficient provision of our online offer by a professional provider (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). Our hoster will only process your data to the extent necessary to fulfill its service obligations and follow our instructions regarding this data.
To ensure data protection-compliant processing, we have concluded an order processing contract with our hoster.
SSL or TLS encryption
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.